Brief history and back ground of CREDAI-Pune Metro and Advantages of the Membership
The CREDAI-Pune Metro is the pioneer institution of Promoters and Developers from Pune established in 1982.
• It is serving for more than 33 years and proactively supporting the Government in framing various regulations and policies in the public interest. It has been in the forefront in promoting the Construction Industry as a profession.
• It has a strong membership of 440 plus Promoters and Developers which accounts for about 70% of the construction activities in Pune and discharges corporate social responsibilities directly and through its members
• CREDAI-Pune Metro is registered under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 and under Society Act 1860 and registered with Charity Commissioner Pune. It has also taken license under Shop and Establishment Act.
• The Association has been awarded ISO 9001:2008 certificates by Zenith Quality Assessors affiliated to ASCB (E) up accrediting and certifying bodies - UK in the year 2009.
• The Association is headed by the President, six Vice Presidents, Hon. Secretary, Jt. Hon. Secretary, and Hon. Treasurer. The Past President is an ex-officio member of the Managing Committee. In order to support the Office Bearers there is a Managing Committee consisting of 16 members who are also elected by the Members. In addition to that there are five co-opted members.
• It has seventeen Expert Committees in the area of Taxation, Finance, Government Liasioning, City Greening, Labour Welfare, Environment and Energy, Exhibition and Website, Training etc.
• Each Vice President is allotted specific sub committees to guide, advice, and monitor and to follow up the respective subcommittee matters. In turn the Vice Presidents report to the President.
• In addition to the managing committee meetings the office bearers meet prior to the managing committee to brief about various tasks in addition to meeting every fortnight or so for review.
• In order to closely interact with the members each Chairman of subcommittee is allotted 20 or more members to interact, guide, advice or meet if meetings are required. They have also formed their WhatsApp interaction group.
• The Managing Committee Meets every month regularly to discuss various issues affecting the construction sector.
• The General Body Meetings are held quarterly but many a times a Spl. General Body meetings are also called to discuss specific and important issues.
Use of IT in Communication: (paperless communication)
• It has been a unique that all the communications of Managing Committees are through the e-mails, SMS, WhatsApp interaction group and posted on websites and there is no paper work.
• Similarly in case of General Body Meetings all the Agenda notices and Minutes are sent to the members through email and posted on website.
• All communications regarding the attendance to the meetings are through SMS and emails only.
• Smart cards have been issued to the members not only for identification but also to record the attendance through swapping.
CREDAI-Pune Metro Membership:
The process of admission to membership is stringent and carried out carefully as per the guide lines issued by the Managing committee from time to time. There is a prescribed form for making an application. Every member is issued Annual Membership Certificate. It is obligatory for the member to use CREDAI-Pune Metro logo in all their advertisement communications.
Code of Conduct:
The members of the CREDAI-Pune Metro have to observe Code of Conduct issued which will bring transparency. If the member do not observe he has to face disciplinary action.
• The object of setting of the Grievance Cell is to resolve the grievance/ complaints against the Members of the Association amicably. It is to be noted that the Grievance Cell is not functioning as Quasi-Judicial Authority or as an Arbitrator but it only acts as a Mediator.
• The Committee consists of three Vice Presidents. The Senior Vice President is the Chairman of the Committee. The said Committee meets once in a month to review the status.
• CREDAI-Pune Metro organizes Annual Mega Property exhibitions to show case projects of its members and it has become a trusted exhibition for last ten years and there has been an overwhelming response because of the brand. PBAP also publishes exhibition directory.
Virtual Property Exhibition:
• CREDAI-Pune Metro is again a pioneer Association in holding Virtual on line property exhibition for its Members exhibiting which had an overwhelming response from national international customers.
CREDAI-Pune Metro has developed its own website where members participate in exhibiting their projects. Other information regarding member list, circulars, e-news, meetings etc. are available on the website.
CREDAI-Pune Metro organizes study tours where the participations is around 80 members to study new technology, methodology, designs and innovations in the constructions industry to the countries like Japan, China, Dubai, UK, Malaysia, Netherland and, Germany, South Korea etc. The study tour to Spain conducted in July 2010 had a participation of 120 members.
Similarly to update the members on technology, marketing strategies, taxation, finance etc. seminars/ training program are organized every year by inviting experts internally and from outside.
CREDAI-Pune Metro comes out with the publication regularly to update the members on various issues.
Representation and Interaction with Government Agencies and Corporate Social responsibilities.
CREDAI-Pune Metro closely works with Government and Semi Government agencies and take initiative in policy formation.
CREDAI-Pune Metro discharges various Corporate Social Responsibilities. It undertakes health Checkup camps, crèches, Immunization Program, Doorstep schools etc. for the welfare of the labours on site. In order to keep our members update and to closely interact with them during the F.Y. 2015-2016 we have sent 260 circulars, informing them about the notifications, OMs, govt. circulars and other related issues. Seminars were organized, arranged member assistance committee meetings, organized mega property exhibition to showcase the products of the members. Study tour to Germany was organized to update the members on new technology, new construction material, new designs etc.
Administrative set up and operative system:
The office functions under the administration of Hon. Secretary and Jt. Hon. Secretary. The Secretariats is headed by the Director General who is supported by the General Manager, Manager Commercial, Sr. Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Office Assistant, Labour Welfare Co-coordinator to carry out and implement all the above activities of the Association and front desk executive. .
Establishment of State and National level Association:
In order to develop good network and implementing good construction practices the founder members of the CREDAI-Pune Metro took initiative and established a State level Federation of Promoters and Builders Association of Maharashtra in 1994 which is now known as CREDAI-Maharashtra.
Similarly with a view to promote networking at National level a Confederation was established in the year 2000 as desired by the then Union Minister for Urban Development to have national level federation. Our founder members took initiative and established an organization in a name and style of Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India at New Delhi. (CREDAI-National). Both the above association is effectively functioning at State and National level under the guidance of CREDAI-Pune Metro.
B. Compliance for CREDAI-Pune Metro Membership
1) The application can be considered only of those Builders/Developers who have completed at least one project consisting of minimum 12 units, having sound track record and seems to fall in line to observe the code of conduct of the Association. However, if someone is from city other than Pune, his application for membership can be considered only if he is a member of CREDAI any chapter.
2) The application for membership shall be in the prescribed form available on the CREDAI-Pune Metro’s website or from the office by paying necessary charges.
3) The application shall be proposed and seconded by the existing two ordinary members of the CREDAI-Pune Metro other than the Managing Committee Members and the proposed and seconded should have paid all the dues till date.
4) The application shall be accompanied by the following documents:
- Cheque for entrance fee and the Annual Subscription at the prevailing rates.(presently Rs. 50,000/- + 14.5% service tax towards entrance fee and Rs.60,000/- + 14.5 % service tax towards annual subscription)
- Completion certificate of the project.
- Commencement certificates of the ongoing projects.
- Copy of documents related to registration of the firm and constitution of the firm/company.
- Copy of PAN cards of the firm and the directors/partners/owners.
- Copy of the valid Shop Act license.
- In respect of firm out of Pune city, it needs to furnish copy of valid membership certificate of any CREDAI chapter.
- Any Proprietary concern/firm/company or body corporate applying for the Membership should submit letter/resolution indicating the name of the authorized person.
5) New application received for enrollment of membership shall be scrutinized by the Secretariat / Chairman of the Membership development Committee. After the scrutiny the details will be circulated as a part of the Agenda to all the Managing Committee Members.
6) The Managing Committee has absolute and uncontrolled discretion either to accept or to reject the said application. The Committee shall not be bound to give any reason for such rejection. If the application is rejected, the Jt. Hon. Secretary will intimate the rejection thereof to the applicant and refund the sum paid by him.
7) If the application is accepted by the Managing Committee then the Jt. Hon. Secretary / Secretariat shall notify the acceptance thereof to the applicant in writing and accordingly he will be enrolled in the Membership register. The Secretariat shall also furnish the applicant with a copy of the Code of Conduct, CREDAI-Pune Metro logo.
8) The use of CREDAI-Pune Metro logo is compulsory in all the publicity and advertising material of the Member.
It is obligatory on the part of all the members to follow all the Rules & Regulations, Code of Conduct, Code of Practices, strictly in the interest of the Business of the Association.
In case of the following, the members are expected to inform changes to the secretariat whereby the records of the Association will be changed accordingly:
- If there is the change in the name of the member firm, wherein constitution of the firm as well as the registration no. (of Registrar of Firms) remains the same
- There is a change in the constitution of the member firm, wherein the name as well as the Registration no. (of Registrar of Firms) remains the same.
- There is a change in the constitution i.e. Partnership to Pvt. Ltd. Co. / Public Ltd. Co. or Proprietary & vice-verse then each of this case, if the original firm is dissolved, and in that place if the new organization as mentioned has come in existence.
- In the above circumstances, it will not be treated as new membership but the same old membership will continue with the necessary modifications in the records of the Association.